Here are five simple steps to loving your brain so you can keep it at top
efficiency, even under the stress of all you do.
Don't defeat yourself by saying you don't have time for these, because when
you do them you think clearer and are more efficient.
1. 30 minutes of fast walking or equivalent exercise a day, everyday.
2. A great supplement regimen, which includes:
great multivitamin (I like NOW's high potency multivit -- has high numbers
of B vitamins)
high dose fish oil, at least 2 grams a day (I like Nordic Naturals Pro
Vitamin E (400 IUs twice a day)
Vitamin C (250-500mg twice a day)
Gingko biloba 60mg twice a day (Gingkoba or Ginkgold)
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500mg twice a day
Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg twice a day
Phosphatidyl serine 150mg twice a day
CoQ 10 100mg a day.
I know this sounds like a lot, but I do it everyday and have never felt
better. There is great research underlying each of these suggestions.
3. Eat right -- lean protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fat, at least
2 meals a week with wild fish, preferably salmon. I would bet 10 dollars
that the food around the workplace is not the most brain healthy. It would
be a cool experiment to go through what food businesses have around the
office and how it impairs productivity.
4. Drink lots of water -- did you know the brain is 85% water? Dehydration
(from coffee or soda drinks) makes people stupid by dehydrating their brains.
5. A simple 10 minute meditation each day. I teach one call Kriya Kirtan
that is ever so simple, but powerful in balancing brain function.